Every Tuesday in June in Lincoln is an event organized by the Nebraska Arts Association called Jazz in June (www.jazzinjune.com). It's free and is held on the lawn of the Sheldon Art Museum on the UNL Campus. This last Tuesday, the weather was finally so nice that I thought that might be a fun event to take Zoie to, so we packed her bag of goodies & stuff and after I picked her up from daycare we headed downtown. The weather was PERFECT! I got Zoie and I some hotdogs from one of the food vendors and we sat on a bench under a nice shady tree and had our little picnic! 

Part of the fun of Jazz in June is you can bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers, picnic baskets, a pizza...just about anything for an evening picnic then you find a spot that looks good on the lawn, steps, wherever and just chill out and enjoy yourself until the great music starts....people bring their dogs, families and friends meet and a great time is had by all! I think we're going to go every Tuesday because it was such a fun, relaxing time...you can see in the pics that Zoie was just chillin'. The music was good too...this first time was The Kendra Shank Quartet from New York...she was really good, sort of reminded me of a Norah Jones type of singer.



Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Jazz in June - Lincoln
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment