Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009 ~~He Is Risen...Hallelujah!!!~~

On Saturday of Easter weekend, we went out to our friend, Terri's house to meet up with her and her boys to attend a local egg hunt in her small town. Zoie was very excited to see the boys and they all had fun picking up eggs! Luckily, they were very easy to find so everyone got plenty of loot! The Easter bunny was there, but Zoie was a little afraid of him so no photo of them together. After the hunt was over, we went back to Terri's and the kids played on Luke & Liam's awesome swing set...they sure had fun together and were all so cute!

Easter Sunday morning, Zoie and I got up and went to church...Zoie looked like quite the young lady in her Easter dress, pretty new shoes and hat!

After church, Pop-pop Jim was generous enough to take us with him and his family out to dinner. Grandma wasn't feeling well again, darn it, so she was home resting. At the restaurant, I asked Zoie if she wanted chicken strips or hamburger & fries - she chose the hamburger...well, when our food arrived, she tried to take one of Travis' (Jim's son) chicken strips! I told her that I'd asked if she wanted chicken and Travis joked, "Whaddya expect? She can't make up her mind...she's a woman!" Zoie promptly looked around the table at everyone and announced, "I AM a woman!" You can imagine the laughter that ensued and the evil eye that Travis got from me!

We came back home after dinner went to Pop-Pop's for another Easter egg hunt! Zoie did really well finding her eggs and we all had a nice time. After that, my challenge was keeping Zoie out of all the chocolate!!

0 comments: