Monday, October 27, 2008

Wham Bam Pooh Weekend!

I got back Friday night from my work trip in time to play with Zoie and talk to Mom for a while then get Zoie's pj's on and we crashed! We must have ALL been tired because we slept in until after 10 a.m. (it was wonderful!!). We got up and had some breakfast, watched Wonder Pets & Blues Clues then headed out to a craft show at our church (you'll see Zoie's new hat in future posts as the weather gets colder) and we saw my Godmother, Donna, who has a booth at the show most every year. Mom caught up with her as I tried to keep up with Zoie - never realized how much jewelry was at a craft show until I took a curious 2 year old! When we left the craft show, we were going to grab lunch (before the Nebraska game got out and every place was packed!) so we headed south to the new Texas Roadhouse in town. Go figure, I get back from Dallas and where do I go eat - TX Roadhouse! I've eaten at this restaurant in Texas (surprise!) and Wichita, KS, before so I was glad that it had come to Lincoln and added to the variety of restaurants. We had a great lunch with delicious food and good conversation among us then as we left, I noticed this little saddle & cowboy hat so my cowgirl Zoie hopped on for a bit to say yeehaw!



It turned out to be a gorgeous Indian Summer day (which we're starting to see less & less of and more cold, rain, & wind) and I had to snap some pics of the beautiful fall foliage we saw...




These trees were just in our neighborhood...we saw many, many more gorgeous trees driving through town. I love the autumn color palette of golds, deep red/burgundy, plum, burnt orange mixed in with evergreens - it's like fall has it's own special rainbow!

On Sunday after church, our big event was Disney LIVE! Presents Winnie the Pooh...my Swister and I had got these tickets months ago and the day was finally here! It was Swister Wendy, PCJ (Marty), my Mom, Zoie and me...we had great seats and the show was thoroughly enjoyed by kids and adults alike! An especially fun part was when it "snowed" in the auditorium - it was really cold & wet like snow! They also threw big "tomatoes" (beach balls made to look like them) into the crowd - I have no pics of these going around the crowd because one of the first ones was coming right at us and we kind of froze until it was right there so we were on the lookout from then on! Enjoy the pics from the show!



















2 comments:

t said...

I've heard about that craft show, my mom's friend has a quilting booth there. Sounds like a busy weekend.

The Disney show looks awesome. We'll have to go to a show sometime with all 3 kids, it would be a real treat. Maybe when Sesame Street Live comes to town again.

Amanda said...

ohhhh my little ones would LOVE that show! They love Pooh!