As part of my job is to provide support during elections as requested, since I was part of the team who was in Texas in October, I also had to go back for the big General Election on November 4th. I was one of the very lucky ones who traveled to a place that had a very smooth election! No problems, no crazy stories to relate, just smooth sailing! The day I got in, I went over to Amber & Lance's house and got to see their kids...hadn't seen Miss A since she was a little over 6 months and had never seen the twins! All 3 are just as adorable as can be! I really hated that Zoie wasn't there as I knew she would have had a BLAST with them all! Amber & then got together with Sophie & Sloan at our favorite place - PF Chang's!
I had previously arranged to take another couple of days off and stay in Texas to visit more friends, so after the election wrapped up, I headed to McKinney and got to meet Frank, Deb, Rachel and Brad for dinner then went over to Frank & Debs for after dinner drinks. We got silly and had some great laughs!
Frank & Deb were very gracious to let me stay at their house while I was there....the next day, I met Frank, Sonya, & Jarret for lunch then did some shopping. I hit the Ikea store and Sam Moon - oh yeah! That evening Sonya & I had dinner but I didn't get a picture. After dinner with Sonya, I stopped at Rachel's to say "see ya!" to her and to see her kids - they all used to be Indie's babysitter when I lived there. It's when you see kids that you realize how long it's been since you've seen people - they've grown and matured so much!
I hadn't seen all these friends for 2 years but it didn't seem like it had been that long at all - a sign of true friendship! It made me miss being there and working with them!
Friday, November 7, 2008
The Big D - Pt 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Okay, I'm a little jealous that you had a smooth trip. It looks like you had a great time compared to my nightmare! But I am happy for you. If only I could have gone there instead...
Post a Comment