Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat, Pancakes & Haircuts

Last night was All Hallows Eve...or Halloween to most of us. If you ask me what Zoie's costume was, I'm not really sure...kind of a combination of a princess, ballerina and fairy. The costume ended up in our hands last Halloween as a gift from Wendy for Zoie to use as dress-up and we never got around to using it so there ya go - this year's costume! We stopped at a couple of neighbors (including Pop-pop's) and then met up with Wendy, Porkchop and Marty (the Husker Linebacker) at the local mall (which was CRAZY and we'll probably by-pass that next year) for a little while then came back to our neighborhood and visited a few more houses around here. Zoie got quite a scare at one house...the man hadn't heard her knock on the door and came around the corner with a scary monster mask on - she flew off their porch into my arms! The man felt SO bad but when Zoie realized that it was just a mask, she was ok.

Here is the little diva dressed in her costume, or gown, as Zoie called it...




Here are a couple of trick-or-treat photos at the mall and around the neighborhood...






And, of course, once we got home we had to check out all the loot and Zoie enjoyed the fruits (or chocolates) of her labor!




This morning after a hard night of candy-gathering, I decided we should have pancakes for breakfast...and I had an excellent chef's assistant. These were some of the best pancakes I think I've ever had!


Our next big thing for today was....Zoie's 1st Haircut (kind of)!! I had cut her hair a couple times at home but today we officially went to a beauty shop and Zoie sat up in the big stylist chair and got her haircut! She was chatting away with Bettie, the beautician, and Amelia, another customer who was under the dryer. It was very sweet...

2 comments:

t said...

I love the one of you two holding hands trick or treating, that is sweet. SHe's gorgeous in the costume, I hope she got lots of candy! Can't wait to see her haircut.

~ H ~ said...

It's not me actually, but yeah, I do love that one too! I'm never in the pics as I'm usually the photographer!