Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

There's not a lot to tell about the long weekend...we didn't jet off to somewhere exciting or have an elaborate camp out...we just hung out around the house and relaxed. We did have 1 really fun outing...a cookout at our friend's house - Wendy, Pork Chop & Piglet had us and a few other people over and treated us to yummy burgers, hotdogs, beans, potato salad and STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! As Zoie would say, nummy nummy nummy!





We also took time to remember and think about all of our loved ones who are no longer with us who we miss dearly. And I just wanted to add our thanks to all military personnel who lost their lives in previous wars and the current one and to give our support and prayers for all those who are fighting the good fight...while I totally want ALL of our troops HOME like yesterday (especially our cousin, Clint), I understand and appreciate why they feel they have to do what they're doing. I don't want to get into politics so I'll just leave it at that. All families who have lost loved ones in the war are also in our thoughts & prayers and we hope this quote will bring them a little comfort:

"Heroes never die. They live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who would follow in their footsteps."

- Emily Potter

0 comments: