What a bootiful & spooktacular Halloween we had this year! We made jack-o-lanterns galore (even thought the squirrels made a grand feast out of them all)!!


The Uni-place neighborhood businesses had a trick-or-treat night and this was our trial run for the big event...Zoie's costume involved a hat AND a wig so I wasn't sure she'd keep it on and I wasn't sure she'd carry her pumpkin bucket, but after the first store we were at, she really seemed to get into it and grasped the idea that people were putting "canny" in her bucket very quickly!
----------------------
Grandma also got into the sprits (of Halloween, not the alcohol) and did some fun decorating at the house, she even added her own special touch to a couple of our jack-o-lanterns! After all, ghouls just wants to have fun!!!

(Apparently, her decorations were SO good that many a trick-or-treater was frightened by her "tricky" witch!!)
Our next outing was a first...Grandma, Lindsay, Zoie & Mommy attended the annual Boo at the Zoo event at the Lincoln Children's Zoo - and we met Auntie Wendy, Uncle Porkchop and Piglet (aka Piglet) there!! While waiting in the long lines, they had the Lincoln cloggers performing and Zoie was very interested in what they were doing. Although I might think twice about going to this next year, it was definitely fun to see all the other costumes that the kids - and adults - had going on. They really decorated up the zoo and it was fun to walk through. Zoie even got cozy with the Lincoln Salt Dog!.jpg)

Next...it was time for the big she-bang! It was the 31st day of October and we were ready to haunt! We first met Vonda, Jeff & Connor at our church for their annual Trunk or Treat. It's a really great idea where they block off an area of the parking lot and people decorate their trunks, truck beds & suv's and then the kids trick or treat out of the there in a safe zone. Next we visited friends & Lindsay & Mommy even got into the mood and had costumes - although, what exactly they are, I'm still not sure of! (Still waiting for pics from the friends' house but they've been busy having a baby, so...I guess I'll let it slide for now!) 


All in all, it was one of the funnest & most activity filled Halloweens I've experienced in a long time!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
-^- Halloween 2007 -^-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment