Monday, September 15, 2008

Fred the Dragonfly

Zoie, Grandma & I were playing outside one evening after I got home from work, and floating in the yet-to-be-drained pool, I saw a dragonfly. I skimmed out the little guy and figured he was a goner but then I saw movement! So I told Zoie, "Let's see if we can dry him off & save him!" As we were performing triage on the patient, we decided to call him Fred. We got him upright and I would very lightly blow on his wings to get the water droplets off and try to get them dry...then Zoie would take a turn - and pretty much blow him off the picnic table with her toddler gusts! So we kept doing that and he perked up as you can see in the photo. We felt very proud that we saved this little life! I told Zoie that we'd leave him alone to recuperate and check on him later. When we went back, he was gone...he flew again! Yeah!!




Editor's Note: We have confirmed through our sources that Fred did, in fact, NOT make it...his body was found at a remote location in the back yard; an autopsy is pending. Please pray for Fred and his dragonfly family. Thank you.

1 comments:

t said...

You've got a super camera to get this great shot!