"Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake,
Empty streets
The sun goes down alone"
It's true...another summer has passed and, like the leaves on the trees, is floating into oblivion. Nothing showed more finality to the season of the sun than draining the pool. It's like packing up a good friend and sending them on their way, hoping you see each other again soon, but not really knowing for sure when it will be and if things will be the same. Ok, so maybe not THAT dramatic, but I hated to drain it and all that - it wasn't fun. Here is what is left of where it was:

As you can see, it definitely left it's mark!
It was another nice evening though when we were taking care of the pool, so Zoie and Grandma were outside, too. I had to spray the pool off and Zoie liked the water that was left in puddles...she did not like all the big, fat nightcrawlers that seeped up out of the ground when the water soaked in. I have to say that I agree with her on that one! I tried to capture some action shots with the new camera...got a couple of her jumping that are ok, but I'm still learning how to use it! I love the last one of these 3 where she looks she's just stroller with her hands clasped behind her back, but she's really jumping and both feet are off the ground!



Once we got done, Zoie and Grandma sat on the couch swing and were playing their 'air guitars' singing "You Are My Sunshine"...too cute! Then Zoie did some more sidewalk-chalk art with her sweet little hands.




1 comments:
Wow, your new camera is great! Great close up shots of Zoie's hand and that dragonfly. Love the 80s music too.
That's a nice circle in your yard. I've got one just like it in mine. At least next year we won't have to try to find a level place! I'm planning to put the pool right back in the same spot, lol.
Post a Comment