As you may or may not know, I felt that the NE Dept of Labor cheated me out of a couple of weeks worth of unemployment benefits due to working 1 measly day at a $9/hr job before being offered the position I ended up taking. I had filed an appeal on their decision, the phone hearing was held and I received the letter with the determination: I didn't win and I didn't lose. The original determination by the adjudicator said that I left the part-time job for no good cause and therefore was not only denied benefits for that week but for another 12 weeks in the future if I ever had a claim open. The judge's determination concurred that I did leave the job voluntarily (a point I never disputed) however, he also determined that it WAS for good cause as it was for the betterment of my career so instead of a 12 week disqualification period, the judge amended it to ONE week only. I had claimed 2 weeks worth of benefits that were denied over this so this means, I should lose one of those weeks, but get paid for the other one...he pretty much split the decision down the middle. Works for me! It's just so sad & frustrating that the adjudicator had all this information and mis-handled it. I'm glad that I did file the appeal!


On a funner note, with the days being so nice and the cooler evenings, I thought it would be a lot of fun to get a fire going in our little fire pit and roast some marshmallows! So, while Zoie & I went to take care of Swis Wendy's kitties, Grandma got the fire going and when we got back, we roasted some marshmallows and had a couple of s'mores and just enjoyed the glow & warmth of the fire in the cool evening! Zoie wasn't too keen on the roasted marshmallows, preferring to eat them right out of the bag! It really made me in the mood to go camping and just sit around the campfire talking and being hypnotized by the flames...ahh...maybe one of these days!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Roasted Marshmallows and Unemployment Appeal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
YAY! I'm glad you won the appeal. I still think you should have gotten BOTH weeks, but am glad that you will get something.
Camping is great, all but the sleeping out in the wilderness part. The campfire and roasted marshmellows are the best part of "camping!"
Post a Comment