Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And It Begins...

What is "It," you ask?! IT is the wonder, the marvel, the joy that a young girl feels upon receiving her first Barbie (R) doll!! Pop-pop Jim got her one that was to be for a Christmas celebration at his parents' home, but it got cancelled so he brought it to the house. She was SO excited about the pretty doll! And I, as a mom of a daughter who wants her to have good self-esteem, was excited that they've modified the body of the doll to not be such outrageously proportioned - they're much more realistic now! (I have to honestly say that I'm also excited to get to play Barbies again - especially with her!!) Anyway, she would not put that doll down the rest of the evening, even wanting it with her when she went to bed! Notice in the pic how she's holding on to it even in her sleep!


0 comments: